Learn to interview and write a 2-page story… that typically commands $1000-$1500 each
Does the thought of making good money writing positive, 2-page stories sound attractive?
Then customer case studies may be the perfect addition to your copywriting services.
Case Studies… A Major Opportunity for Writers
Every week, I have to turn away work. When businesses reach out to me for help with customer case studies, I usually have to refer them to other writers.
I simply can’t take on all the work that comes my way.
The fact is, businesses need these customer stories more than ever… but they can’t always find writers adequately skilled in interviewing, writing and managing case studies.
It’s not that hard, but it is a specific skill that you need to understand and develop.
But before we get too far into this, let me back up a second.
What are Case Studies, Anyway?
A customer case study is simply a story of a happy customer’s experience. It details why the customer chose the solution, how the customer uses it, and the benefits the customer sees.
Think of it as a customer testimonial on steroids.
Businesses use these positive stories in their sales, marketing and PR.
In the age of Amazon and TripAdvisor reviews, people are accustomed to relying on the experiences of others to help make decisions.
And case studies provide that essential credibility, education and validation to give buyers peace of mind in choosing a vendor.
For organizations, there’s perhaps no better way to communicate value to their audience than the account of a happy customer.
Case studies, on average, run about two pages. They look and read very much like a feature story, describing the journey and experience of a happy customer and featuring powerful customer quotes.
Never a Better Time
I’m Casey Hibbard and I’ve been writing customer case studies for 20 years. In that time, I’ve produced more than 1,000 for all types of organizations.
I’m also the author of the first book on creating and managing customer case studies, Stories That Sell: Turn Satisfied Customers into Your Most Powerful Sales & Marketing Asset.
I’ve found no other form of writing as rewarding.
After all, I get to interview my clients’ happy customers and then write a positive story about their experiences.
And best of all, I earn $1,000 to $1,500 for each one. And more for longer, more in-depth case studies.
Case studies are unlike any other form of marketing collateral. It’s a compelling, true story without all the promotional fluff you might find in other marketing copy.
And it’s fun and rewarding to capture these positive stories for my clients. But I can’t help all the businesses out there.
Quite simply, the market needs more SKILLED case study writers.
To do this kind of work, you have to…
- Know how to interview featured customers to gather the information that will support your clients
- Strategically ask questions to get measurable results
- Write in a concise, engaging way
- Take readers through the customer’s journey
- Create the “case study accessories” that are part of every story
- Know how to guide your clients and their happy customers through the process
- Help prevent and navigate roadblocks that may arise in the process
- Guide designers in creating an attractive layout
None of this is tough. It’s just a matter of having the skills and confidence to do it.
Introducing The Case Study Writer’s Mad Skills Crash Course LIVE 2019
That’s where my latest program comes in. The Case Study Writer’s Mad Skills Crash Course LIVE 2019 is a live version of my popular, long-running Mad Skills program.
Typically, it’s available only as pre-recorded webinars. But for the first time in THREE years, I’m offering a live version because writers have been asking for it.
Why Choose Live?
Joining in a live version of Mad Skills offers special advantages over the on-demand program:
- Immediate answers – You have the chance to ask me questions live during each class
- Accountability – For many, it’s easier to complete a program when you have to show up at a specific time
- A supportive community – Join an enthusiastic group of other writers learning alongside you
“My client was very pleased with the case study I delivered. I owe that to your first-rate course (Mad Skills) and your excellent book. I have been referencing those resources constantly, for everything from how to format the draft document to how to manage the process. I am very grateful that you created those outstanding resources and made them available. I am delighted to be able to add case studies to my repertoire.”
– Tracy Hume, Freelance Writer
Step-By-Step Guidance to Interviewing, Writing and Finding These Types of Projects
This course gives you everything you need to add customer case studies to your copywriting business – and find clients:
- Sharpen your interviewing, writing and project management skills
- Take away handouts and checklists to guide you on each project
- Learn how to find prospective clients
- Understand what clients want to hear when evaluating your services
- Learn from a case study veteran – what to do and what NOT to do
“The Case Study Mad Skills Crash Course is the blueprint for writing case studies. It’s a concise, no-fluff approach for freelancers and staff writers who want to hone their skills and stay competitive. Learn everything you need to write revenue-generating case studies and get support and feedback along the way. One of the best business investments I’ve made!”
– Sandra Jean-Louis, Freelance Copywriter
And I Will Review Your Work
Not only will you learn all the skills you need, but I’ll personally review one of your case study projects and give you feedback – whenever you’re ready! So, whether you have a sample during the program or a few months down the road, I’ll give you helpful feedback on what works and what to tweak.
Never-Before Add-On – Group Coaching
Something else sets this program apart from any others I’ve ever offered: group coaching.
For the first time, I’m offering a group coaching option that begins after the live program ends. For three months, we’ll have live calls where I guide you on next steps such as…
- Getting a case study portfolio sample
- Looking for potential clients
- Reaching out to clients and confidently discussing your services
Coaching will include a couple of calls per month with some presented content and some Q&A, milestones to hit and an online group.
New Tips and Skills Every Class
Curious what the course covers? I introduce new, vital skills each week:
Mad Skill #1: Know Your Stuff
- The big-picture case study process and how the writer fits in
- How to ramp up strategically on a client’s products/services/solutions
- Can’t-miss questions to ask your new client
- The info you absolutely have to have before you start a case study project
Mad Skill #2: Interview Like a Pro
- What makes a great interview?
- How to design interview questions that get subjects talking and help you draw out the story
- Suggested interview questions for B2B, B2C, consulting and technology subject matter
- The art and science of interviewing your clients’ happy customers
- Interview logistics – prepping interviewees, length, recording, transcribing, note-taking, conference calls, time zones, etc.
Mad Skill #3: Capture Measurable Results
- Uncovering potential areas for customer results
- The math you need to know
- Improving your odds of getting measurable results
- Helping customers measure their success
- Getting customers to agree to share results publicly
- How to make results stand out in your case studies
Mad Skill #4: Write a Story that Sells
- 6 traits of case studies that compel and sell
- Classic storytelling elements
- How to go from raw information to a compelling case study
- Case study formats
- What clients are looking for in their case studies
- What to include and what to leave out
Mad Skill #5: Craft Killer Headlines, Subheads, Sidebars and Quotes
- Elements of headlines that grab a reader’s attention
- Writing for “readers” and “skimmers”
- When to use – and not to use – customer quotes
- Telling a story with headlines and subheads
- How much to edit or “change” customer quotes
Mad Skill #6: Find and Land Case Study Clients
- Defining the types of clients that are right for you
- Who hires freelance case study writers?
- Chicken and egg: Getting portfolio samples without clients, and clients without samples
- Top sources of potential clients
- How to approach prospective clients
- Selling clients on case studies
Mad Skill #7: Be the Go-To Writer for Clients
- Pricing and proposing projects
- Setting delivery dates for unpredictable projects like case studies
- How/when to invoice for case studies
- Who manages what on case study projects – you vs. the client
- Knowledge and practices that will make you more valuable to clients
- Add-on services that increase your income
- Guiding clients on ways to use their stories
“Casey’s course was essential in providing me with the skills, content, and confidence to approach clients. She’s generous with her knowledge and a nice person, too! I would highly recommend the course.”
– LJ Anderson, Freelance Writer
More Confidently Go After Well-Paying Case Study Projects
Get the mad skills to add case studies to your “menu” of copywriting services and you can…
- Create a new revenue stream for your business
- Set yourself apart from other writers
- More confidently go after clients or jobs
As a recap, the course includes…
- 7 live webinars with Q&A
- A transcript and recording of each class
- Helpful handouts to enhance your learning and support every case study project
- A Google group for posting your questions for Casey and other students
- Casey’s review and feedback on one case study draft – whenever you’re ready
- 3 months of group coaching (optional)
“I’ve spent a small fortune taking copywriting courses from the biggest names in the field. So I know what’s out there. Casey Hibbard’s course The Case Study Copywriter’s Mad Skills Crash Course is hands down one of the all-time-best courses I’ve ever taken. And in terms of value it’s hands down the best. Hibbard truly over delivers.”
– Dave Monroe, Certified Content Marketer & Guerilla Marketing Coach
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, October 29-November 19, 2019
- 11 a.m.-12 p.m. MT
- Live video webinars with phone call-in option
- Recordings for those who cannot attend live
- Four pricing options…
- Mad Skills LIVE – Course ONLY $227.00
- Mad Skills LIVE – Course ONLY, paid out over 3 months at $89 per month
- Mad Skills LIVE – Course PLUS 3 months of group coaching $325
- Mad Skills LIVE – Course PLUS 3 months of group coaching, paid out over 4 months at $93.75 per month
The typical case study project will easily pay back the cost of the course by 3-4x or more!
Well Beyond Just a Writing Course
Case studies simply aren’t like your average brochure or web copy. They involve a multi-step process with your clients’ happiest customers.
Other case study programs often focus mostly on writing case studies and NOT the full process.
Mad Skills includes the complete process from finding clients to getting started with step 1 on your first project and walking you through to the end. I guide you through the exact process I use every day with my own clients.
If you have any questions at all, please email me at email@example.com.
Sign Up Now (See the buttons above left)
Ready to start learning? Choose your option at the top left of this page and please note these dates…
- Early bird registration: Sign up by 6 p.m. MDT on Friday, October 18 and you can get 20% off your course purchase when you enter the code TAKE20OFF at checkout and the bonus, The Copywriter’s Checklist: 8 Steps of the Case Study Process.
- Regular registration: Sign up by the deadline on Friday, October 25 at 6 p.m. MDT.
You have nothing to lose. If you decide the program is not for you, let us know after the second class and we’ll refund you in full.
All the best,
P.S. – Again, this is no risk. If you give the course a fair chance, and find it’s not for you, then I will refund your money if you cancel after the second class.
P.P.S. – Remember, the typical case study project will easily pay back the cost of the course by 3-4x – or more!