Hurricanes. Riots. COVID-19.
They’re all disasters in some form, and they’ve all been reasons why I’ve landed copywriting work with clients over the years.
Right now – even as we all sit isolated in our homes – unprecedented stories are happening.
There are countless save-the-day tales to be told during the COVID-19 crisis and when it’s passed.
I know because, over the years, I’ve captured case studies on…
- How telecom enabled businesses to continue despite hurricanes
- How a solution kept employees informed and safe during riots
And currently, one of my clients is using stories to educate customers about how to continue to do business effectively – but differently – through a pandemic.
Businesses need to tell these hero stories during a crisis and in the aftermath.
If you’re a copywriter, look for businesses and solutions such as…
- Those enabling better remote working, from virtual meetings and events to team collaboration
- Solutions that help parents homeschool their suddenly at-home kids
- Online education and training of all types as out-of-work individuals look to add new skills
- Businesses that help people exercise or do other hobbies at home
- Job search sites and providers
It’s by no means a complete list.
Get creative. What are the solutions that you and those you know depend on during this time?
But steer clear of consumer brands like Clorox and Costco – though in demand currently – that typically rely on other forms of media for their marketing.
Smart copywriters, do your homework to find those needing to tell their hero stories.